Do you have a story from your time abroad? Global Journal is always on the search for new pieces!
Global Journal articles are a self-reflection of any topic from a student’s time abroad. The stories can be about the local culture, politics, history, or something more personal — often the best stories have a mix of the two.
What We’re Looking For:
- Culturally sensitive reflections that highlight a meaningful global experience
- Narratives that reflect a global experience
- Special balance of academic writing that doesn’t read like a blog OR a policy paper
- 500-1000 word pieces
- 4-5 photos of your time abroad (Please send photos as separate attachments. Please do not embed the photos in your article.)
What We Cover:
- Personal Travel
- Study Abroad
- Dialogue of Civilization Programs
- Traditional Semester Abroad
- International/Global Co-op
- Domestic International Affairs Co-op
Don’t know where to start? Here are some guiding questions to consider:
- What was an impactful excursion during your time abroad? And why?
- What about the local culture surprised you?
- Did you experience culture shock?
- What similarities and differences did you uncover between the host country and “home” (wherever that may be for you)?
- What new perspectives did you gain after speaking with the local community?
When finished, please submit to email@example.com, and your piece will go through our editors for revision.